Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day


Happy Earth Day!  Today I'm feeling appreciative for the rainy rainy weather we've had lately.  Soon the May flowers will be in full glorious bloom.  I thought I'd share three new earth-friendly goals that I'm setting for myself for the rest of this year in celebration of Earth Day.

1. Not keep the faucet running while I brush my teeth.
2. Keep my collapsible canvas bag with me all the time and use it at every store - not just the supermarket.
3. Do my best to eat local produce when possible - even if it is a little more expensive.
And a 4th to grow on: Ride the bus or my bike to work at least 2 days a week.

And a couple of quotes that I like:
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
-Kahlil Gibran

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
- Native American Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...