Friday, January 6, 2012

Sewing Saturday


This weekend I'm making curtains.  Hopefully, that is... if I can figure out how to work my mother's Sears Kenmore sewing machine.  So far I'm not having luck.  But, I did buy this beautiful fabric...


... that looks something like this... and I plan to use it to make a faux-headboard for my bedroom.  The two windows in the room provide great light, but also prevent me from positioning the bed anywhere that isn't in front of a door or window.  So, I'm going to make a giant curtain to do double duty - cover one of the windows and serve as a sort of headboard.  I think it will look great once I'm done.  I just have to figure out how to get the darn machine threaded and working. :)

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I just bought the same one,could you please let me know the model number?I don't have manual.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE THE SAME MACHINE. IT HAS SERVED ME WELL FOR MANY YRS.
    I HAVE RECOVERED CHAIRS, MADE HUSBAND'S SPORTS COATS. YOU NAME
    IT THIS MACHINE CAN GET IT DONE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH IT, YOU WILL GROW TO LOVE IT LIKE FAMILY.
    I DECORATED GUEST TOWELS TODAY, WITH MINE.
    I AM 75 YRS.YOUNG. THE VERY BEST LUCK TO TO YOU.
    LOIS

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...