Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine


How was your Valentine's Day?  I hope it was wonderful.  Bob and I are not big into the whole day, but we have made it a point the last few years to cook a nice dinner together, drink good wine and have a nice relaxing evening at home.  For our fourth V-day together, last night we made a delicious dinner of baked salmon and brussel sprouts with a soy ginger scallion dressing and roasted blue potatoes.  Traditionally we don't do gifts, but this year I was surprised with two beautiful house plants, a gorgeous jewelry set and big box of chocolates.  It was the sweetest.  I gave him a Flaming Lips record that we listened to during dinner.  To top off the evening, we watched "Gnomeo & Juliet."  Have you seen it?  If not, I recommend it for a light-hearted pick me up.  It's sweet and my favorite part was the "Crocodile Rock" scene with music by Elton John.



recipe via jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...