Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day


I am fascinated by people who were born on Leap Day.  I grew up with two girls (Sunshine* and Beth) who both had Leap Day birthdays and they both celebrated on March 1st.  I always felt bad that they didn't get to celebrate their actual birthday and was perplexed by the fact that they chose to celebrate in a completely different month.  
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little unusual in that my birthday is my favorite holiday.  I don't know if it's because I'm an only child and therefore my birthday was a pretty big deal to my parents, too, or because I secretly love being the center of attention and receiving gifts.  Hopefully it's not the latter.  That is changing as I get older, but only a little bit.  I do look forward to going way over the top for my children's birthdays. 
Anyway, today is Leap Day.  I hope you do something extra special with your extra day!  This bit on 30 Rock made me laugh.

* Sunshine was one four siblings. Her sisters' names were Star, Dawn, and Stacey.  This was also something that fascinated me for years.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...