Monday, June 4, 2012

Big Grove Tavern

This weekend, my main squeeze and I checked out the newly opened Big Grove Tavern. It's the latest restaurant to open in our neck of the woods and I was dying to check it out. We were not disappointed.

We began with The Tavern Infusion cocktail (deliciously refreshing!), and the complimentary popcorn (a mix of kettle, salty and something else yummy). We ordered Tater Tots to start, which were served with apple purée and crème fraîche. Crunchy, sweet, salty and delicious.

Next we shared the Spring Chopped Salad. The beets and the orange were the real highlights. The sherry vinaigrette was a simple finish to this wonderful salad. 



For the main course, we went for the meat. Bob had the House Made Pork Sausage with caraway spätzle that was so good.

I opted for the Bistro Filet that was paired with kohlrabi gratin. (Just earlier that day we were at the farmer's market and I was eying the kohlrabi wondering what they tasted like.) Frankly, paired with horseradish butter, I don't think there was anyway they could have gone wrong.

Last, but in no way least, we splurged on Sweet Potato Waffles for dessert. Whoa, were those great! The vanilla ice cream, the server told us, was made with olive oil and sea salt. It melted just perfectly over the waffles and the whiskey caramel drizzle. Mmmm...

After that extraordinarily indulgent dinner we went home and passed out. It was terrific. Just my kind of night.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...