Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Salamba Sirsasana


Salamba Sirsasana, or Headstand, has been a daunting challenge in my yoga practice for years.  I have always had much more lower body strength than upper body strength and have thus been terrified of falling on my face when attempting this pose.  Well, last night I made a giant leap forward: I made it up into my headstand (feet supported by the wall) and stayed there for about a whole minute.  I even had strong enough shoulders and arms to support my weight without getting a sore head (that's how it's always been in the past).
This achievement totally made my night and I just have to say, I'm proud of me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cailin! Nice to know you're following along! :) Feel free to be a follower in the top right corner. :) Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...