Friday, May 4, 2012

Derby weekend


Will you be watching the Kentucky Derby this weekend? I would love to go sometime. The big hats, the seersucker, the mint juleps... sounds like so much fun! I've been to Keeneland before, which was great fun. But the Derby, now that's the real deal. The horses' names are probably my favorite part. Went The Day Well is my favorite this year. Although I have a rule of never wagering my own money, I do love the excitement around the races.

In fact, when I went to Keeneland with my friend Gina and her brother Mike, we met a horse trainer form California. Mike kept trying to make me ask him which horse to bet on. I was too embarrassed to ask, but when I saw him later that day he said in passing, "Boy, XYZ horse sure looks good today." I told Mike and he immediately put money down on that horse and, sure enough, he won. Pretty nuts.

Anyway, this weekend we will be doing some more celebrating of my wonderful mother-in-law* and her entry into a new decade, strutting our pups around Hessel Park for the CCHS Mutt Strutt, getting ready for a baby shower that I'm co-hosting (stay tuned for all of the fun things that I'm putting together for this "Little Man" event - from sweet treats to fun design items to tasty snacks), watching the Derby with our friends, and trying to squeeze in some more living room renovating.

* My fabulous mother-in-law turned 60 on Wednesday. She is quite a character, that one. She's charming, smart, caring, energetic, zany, young at heart, giving, and most of all, loved.

I hope you have a lovely weekend!
xo


1 comment:

  1. Zany. Yes! That is the one word that is most apropos.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...