Monday, July 11, 2011

Memory #14: It's a Small World


Another memory related to my solo backpacking trip happened in Cologne, Germany.  I decided to alter my route a bit and instead of heading for Berlin, I hopped on a train to Cologne.  Not having researched the place prior to getting there I was at the mercy of my guide book to find a place to stay.  I decided on a hostel that was nearby the train station and seemed like a clean place.  To my surprise, when I walked in to the hostel I ran into Samantha and Nisha, two girls that I had gone to high school with and hadn't seen in years.  It was unbelievable!  They had met for the weekend in Cologne and were on there way out as I was walking in.  We couldn't let the fortunate circumstance pass by without reveling in our amazement over a traditional German beer. :)  It was one of those moments where you couldn't help but realize what a truly small world it is.

 photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...