Friday, July 1, 2011

Memory #20: My Solo Backpacking Trip

Dublin
One of my favorite memories is when I went backpacking solo through Europe for 5 1/2 weeks.  I took a leave of absence from my job, borrowed a backpack from a friend and bought the first ticket I found.  It was truly one of the most thrilling, empowering and exciting adventures I've ever taken.  I started in Dublin and made my was south through Brussels, Amsterdam, Germany, Italy and down to the Greek Islands.  I ventured back north through France and back to Dublin.  It was incredible.

Dublin friends
Brussels

Amsterdam market

Me in Amsterdam 

Cologne cathedral

Cologne chocolate factory - yumm-o!

Munich Englischer Garden

Rhine River cruise


Athens - Acropolis

Athens bar

Amorgos (heaven on earth)

Amorgos

Santorini

Santorini (me hiking a volcano)

Nice

Nice

Antibes

Provence by train

Aix-en-Provence (fresh lavendar in a market)

Aix-en-Provence (Mt. Saint Victoire)

Versailles

Paris (from the ferris wheel)

Paris - Le Pont des Arts

Just the highlights from over 3,000 photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...