Friday, May 6, 2011

Travel Recovery


Happy weekend, Lovelies!  What are your plans for the weekend?  Husband and I will be recovering from our trip to New York City last week.  We had a stupendous time, but due to some altered travel plans and going non-stop, we're pooped.  We'll be holed up in our house with Winston catching up on Mad Men, doing some things around the house and just relaxing.  Photos from the trip coming soon.
In the meantime, here's a song that my friend Beth sent to me when I lived in NYC ages ago.  I've never bothered to find out where it's from, but I love it.


‘Cos everyone’s your friend
In New York City
And everything looks beautiful
When you’re young and pretty
The streets are paved with diamonds
And there’s just so much to see
But the best thing about New York City is
You and me
You wrote me a letter
Just the other day
Said springtime is coming soon
So why don’t you come to stay
I packed my stuff, I’m on the the bus
I can’t believe it’s true
I’m three days from New York City
And I’m three days from you



photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...