Thursday, October 20, 2011

My first photo shoot



Jackie and Matt, my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law, recently asked me to take their engagement photos, to which I immediately said, "YES!".  They gave me the opportunity to test out my photography skills and begin to develop my portfolio.  I was nervous as could be going into the session.  Really nervous.  The kind of nervous like before a big test or something where your stomach does flip flops.  I was so nervous that the photos would turn out terribly.  To my delight, we had just the opposite experience.

Jackie and Matt were terrific sports.  They let me drag them to several different locations throughout Champaign-Urbana trying out tons of different spots and poses.  The sun came out just enough to give us some great lighting conditions and the rain held off, too.  We had a lot of fun! 

I'm extremely happy with how the photos turned out and now can not wait to really launch this hobby of mine into something bigger.  I'll be working on developing a site (or perhaps a page of this blog) to show my work and hopefully book more engagement sessions.  Please spread the word if you know anyone who may be interested. :)  Also, you can email me with questions at libbykacich at gmail dot com.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day:
















5 comments:

  1. Oh hey! It's Jackie! Great job, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nkechi, hi! Thanks for stopping by! I just found your blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Libby! Really impressive work and as good as any I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby these pictures are great! I'm super jealous of the locations you have to work with :) Looking forward to seeing what else you shoot!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...