Friday, December 31, 2010

2010, It's Been Fun!

Happy New Year's Eve!  This year Bob and I are staying in with a few friends and having a dinner party and playing some games.  I'm looking forward to putting some of our wedding gifts to good use!  Speaking of wedding, let's talk about the great things that happened in 2010.  It certainly was one of my best years.

2010 Highlights (in no particular order):

Bob and I got married and had the most fun (week-long) party ever!  We got to spend a lot of quality time with our far away family and those we see everyday.




We took an amazing trip to the West Indies and stayed on the island of St. Lucia.  It was truly one of the most beautiful places on earth and we had so much fun exploring the beaches, ziplining through the rain forest, eating delicious local delicacies and being together.






While we were on our honeymoon our yard at home was undergoing a serious makeover.  Trees removed, mulch laid, decks stained and tons of lovely landscaping.  Man, was that a treat to come home to!  (No photos, boo!)

Bob turned the Big 3-0 this year and with the help of Bob's brother Matt, I was able to pull off the ultimate surprise party.  Bob had no idea and we got him good!  That was a great day!





Bob and I adopted an ornery little puppy named Winston who continues to light up our lives.  He's just the sweetest, most fun little guy you could ever ask for.  (I've completely forgotten about the shirts, shoes and socks he's ruined in the last few months.  Not to mention the shoe he ate this morning.) :)



I got to go to my first Blackhawks game and it was awesome!  Last year I got really into watching hockey (mainly in person at Illini hockey games) so it was a treat to get to see the Blackhawks in person.  Although they didn't win it was still a fun experience.



I accepted the position of Marketing & Sales Director with the Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau.  It's been great to return to the non-profit sector (where my real passion seems to lie).  Marketing my hometown as a top destination in Central Illinois has been a great step in my career.

Early in the year we were able to take a trip to Atlanta and Big Canoe, GA to visit with our favorite family living down south.  We had a great time cooking, playing games, hiking and golfing!  Can't wait for another trip in 2011!




There are lots more things I could mention, but I'll wrap it up here.  In a nutshell, 2010 has been a year for the record books.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and to be starting my own little family with my wonderful husband.  In 2011, I'm looking forward to some more traveling with hubby, cooking more delicious meals, perhaps picking back up my photography hobby and all the new and exciting opportunities my job will bring.  Thank you to everyone who's been a part of the last year of goodness!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Nice wrap-up to a great year. Here's to more good days in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers (even the anonymous ones)... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...